2019 Conference CEUs
2019 Continuing Education Hours Available to Conference Participants
Attendees can receive continuing education hours for attending educational sessions at the annual conference (usually this totals up to approximately 12 hours). Additional continuing education hours (typically, up to 8) can be obtained by attending the pre-conference Professional Development Institutes. Continuing education hours are valuable to maintaining credentials.
A post-conference email is sent to all attendees with complete instructions and necessary forms/links. The 2019 CE form is on page 66 of the Program Book or 2019 Continuing Education Form . (See also the Continuing Education Session Categories). You must first fill out the 2019 form, marking each session you attended. Complete that form, sign it and return it to email@example.com or fax to (918) 663-7058. Next, you will receive an email with a survey link to complete the evaluation of those sessions you attended. Then you can go to the NCDA website, www.ncda.org, click on login to access your account (see your name in the upper right corner and click on Members Only Resources). Once you’re in your account, find View My CE History. This is where you will see how many CEs you’ve earned for attending the event, as well as how you can print out your certificate if necessary. These certificates/transcripts (starting with the 2015 Conference) are available to current members and can be accessed/printed as needed. There is an option to Print My Transcript in the top right hand corner. You can come to this page anytime in the future by logging in as a member.
If you have any questions, please contact NCDA Headquarters. (918) 663-7060.
The NCDA Career Development Conference CEUs are approved for all NCDA credentials.
National Career Development Association (NCDA) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 1003. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. NCDA is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
NBCC CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
NCDA is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP). For proposals to be eligible for NBCC Continuing Education (CE), the chair or lead presenter must meet specific presenter qualifications and present on topics appropriate for his/her level of experience/training. The CHAIR or LEAD PRESENTER must indicate an appropriate category for the session to be NBCC CE approved.
Category I presenters are qualified to present on topics including, but not limited to:
• Theories, principles, and techniques of counseling as applied to work and career
• Career counseling processes and resources, including, but not limited to, those applicable to
specific communities and populations
• Career/life planning and decision-making models
• Life-work role transitions, including, but not limited to, outplacement and retirement counseling
Category II and III presenters may be accepted for topics including:
• Career development program planning, resources, and program evaluation
• Assessment of workplace environment for purposes of job placement
• Trends in job search
• Career avocational, educational, occupational, and labor market information, and resources and career information systems
You will be asked to select a category that matches your expertise:
• Category I: Holds a graduate degree in mental health field from a regionally accredited
educational institution and is qualified by appropriate education, experience, and/or training to
present/author the particular subject matter, or author the publication concerning the subject
• Category II: Holds a graduate degree from a regionally accredited educational institution directly
related to the subject matter presented and be qualified by appropriate education, experience,
and/or training to present/author the particular subject matter, or author the publication
concerning the subject matter.
• Category III: Be qualified by appropriate education, experience, and/or training to
present/author the subject matter, or author the publication concerning the subject matter