Members with Publications History Needed on Council
Deadline to Apply: May 24, 2019
Dear $$First Name$$,
The NCDA Publications Development Council (PDC) is seeking applicants to fill one or two open positions for a three-year term starting October 1st.
The PDC coordinates the development of a high quality publications program that meets member needs, advances the field of career development, and increases the number of publications generating income for NCDA activities. Almost all of the products in the NCDA Career Resource Store have come through the PDC. This council consists of 4-5 NCDA members and new members are selected through an application process.
- Reviewing and editing NCDA guidelines for selection of new publications and resale products; differentiating between major and minor publications
- Soliciting and reviewing proposals, selecting projects, coordinating with staff coordinator about contracts, reviewing manuscripts and providing feedback to authors, and forwarding materials to copy editors
- Receiving and reviewing resale items for potential distribution agreements
- Developing a publications calendar and projecting new release dates
- Developing a marketing plan for all publications, in consultation with NCDA and authors
- Selecting one member of the council to act as Chair of the PDC
- Developing a vision for the council; set long term revenue goals
- Working with other NCDA colleagues to identify ways to generate and share reviews, publications excerpts, table of contents and chapters that could be highlighted in related journals and web magazines, such as NCDA's Career Convergence Magazine.
- Reporting to the NCDA Board of Directors and providing feedback about budgets for publications.
Criteria for Selection of Members:
- NCDA member in good standing
- History with publication development, marketing, and distribution
- Ability to attend and actively participate in the Publications Development Council meetings/calls approximately 4 times per year
- While on the council, members should eliminate his/herself from the discussion when recommendation are made about his/her own publication/manuscript.
Additional information (such as the PDC Annual Report) can be found on the website under About NCDA: Committees. For more information or to apply, submit your resume to the PDC Chair, Emily Yowell, Emily.Yowell@usm.edu by May 24, 2019.