The Counselor Educator Academy
Do you teach or plan to teach the Career Counseling and Development course in your master’s program? If yes, NCDA has a great opportunity for you: The Counselor Educator Academy.
The Counselor Educator Academy (CEA) is available for select counselor educators who teach a graduate level Career Counseling course. The purpose of the CEA is to support counselor educators by sharing best practices and providing tools you can use in your teaching. Participants hear from career counseling experts, share ideas, and revise their existing syllabi. CEA participants also commit to engaging in a project to serve others teaching the Career Counseling course.
- Faculty or doctoral students in counselor education with an interest in learning best practices in teaching their assigned graduate level career counseling course
- Participants must:
- Attend and participate in the full 1.5 day Academy
- Register for and attend NCDAs Annual Global Career Development Conference
- The 2020 CEA will be held on Sunday, June 28 - Monday, June 29 in Minneapolis, MN
- NCDA Annual Global Career Development Conference will be held June 30-July 2, 2020
- Participants receive a $200 stipend to help offset costs
- Full participation and attendance to the 2020 conference is required.
- The 2020 cohort will present at the 2021 NCDA conference on projects completed during their year of service.
Please use this google docs application form. In addition to completing this online application, you must submit your CV to Chrystina Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org (use the subject line: CEA applicant) to complete your application. Please do so after you finish this form. The deadline to apply is February 7, 2020.
Need More Information?