Y. Barry Chung Recipient of ACA Fellows Award
The American Counseling Association (ACA) has selected Y. Barry Chung, Ph.D., as a 2022 recipient of the distinctive ACA Fellows Award. NCDA congratulates Barry on this significant achievement!
Barry was the NCDA President 2006-2007 and is currently the Dean, College of Education at San Diego State University. A native of Hong Kong, Dr. Chung received his B.A. from National Taiwan Normal University and his M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Dr. Chung’s professional interests include career development, multicultural counseling, sexual orientation issues, and counselor education and supervision. He has presented and published widely on these topics, and has served on five journal editorial boards, including The Career Development Quarterly. Dr. Chung is an active member of NCDA, the American Counseling Association, and the American Psychological Association. He was NCDA Trustee-at-Large for six years before becoming President of NCDA.
Subscribers to NCDA's A Comprehensive Guide to Career Assessment can read Barry's contribution to the chapter on multicultural considerations, as well as the review of his instrument, the Chung Sentence Completion.
The ACA Fellows Award, a distinctive honor awarded by the American Counseling Association, recognizes ACA members who have advanced the counseling profession throughout their career. ACA Fellows:
- Are leaders in the counseling field who strongly embrace the ACA Code of Ethics and the ACA Position Statement on Nondiscrimination.
- Represent a diverse community of leaders that creates and expands knowledge and insight into the strategic matters of the counseling profession.
- Identify and develop future leaders.
- Take an active role in the American Counseling Association in the identification of future trends, research and issues.
- Serve through active leadership in support of the American Counseling Association and the American Counseling Association Fellows activities and programs.
Barry will receive his award at the 2022 ACA Conference and Expo in Atlanta, Georgia, April 7-9th. Learn more about ACA Awards at www.counseling.org