Board Nominations and Elections Information - Deadline extended to Jan 27th
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JANUARY 27, 2023
The 2023 NCDA Nominations and Elections Committee seeks applications for the following board positions:
- President-Elect-Elect (October 1, 2023 – September 30, 2024) 4-year commitment; ending September 30, 2027
- Secretary (October 1, 2023 – September 30, 2026)
- Trustee for School Career Counselors and Specialists (October 1, 2023 – September 30, 2026)
- Trustee for Higher Education Career Counselors and Specialists (October 1, 2023 – September 30, 2026)
The officer descriptions and responsibilities are included in the NCDA Policy and Procedures Manual, starting on page 15. The qualifications and application details are listed in the 2023 Nominations Application Form.
Members are encouraged to self-nominate or recommend an interested NCDA colleague to the committee. The deadline for submission of required documents is December 12, 2022. January 27, 2023.
The Nominations and Elections Committee will recommend their final slate of potential officers to the NCDA Board in February. Those approved to be on the slate will be forwarded for presentation (and voting to narrow the slate, if necessary) at the Annual Membership Meeting during the 2023 NCDA Global Career Development Conference. The final two candidates per position will be approved during that meeting and will move on to the general elections (July 1-Aug 15, 2023). The final results will be announced by August 30, 2023. The term for these positions will start on October 1, 2023.
All interested members should review the following policies and expectations before applying:
- All elected NCDA Board Members are required to join the American Counseling Association. Half of the price of membership is reimbursed by NCDA.
- All elected NCDA Board Members should review and agree to the Board Expectation Check List.
- All NCDA Board members will be asked to sign the Conflict of Interest Statement.
- Any elected Board Member from outside of the US is responsible for international airfare costs to the three face-to-face meetings, according to the Board Travel Policy.
Interested members should complete the Nominations Application Form and send to Sharon Givens, Past President, at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 12, 2022 January 27, 2023. Thank you for your consideration and support of your professional home.