The NCDA Leadership Academy
The Leadership Academy was created in 2006 with the goal of identifying and nurturing future generations of NCDA leaders. Every two years, approximately six to eight NCDA members will be selected to join this hands-on, highly experiential leadership development opportunity designed specifically for promising national and state career development association leaders.
Applicants selected to the NCDA Leadership Academy Class will:
- Attend a series of leadership workshops and training sessions during the NCDA annual conference.
- Learn more about NCDA's history, governance process, and strategic initiatives.
- Prepare for future leadership positions on the NCDA Board, Committees or state career development associations.
- Work on a twelve-month Leadership Action Learning Project selected from a list of Board identified needs. Research and complete the project with the support of an assigned mentor. Provide a written report in advance of and short presentation on Project results at the conference of their “graduating” year.
NCDA Leadership Academy participants will benefit from:
- A $500 travel stipend (each year for two consecutive years) to support attendance at the next two NCDA annual conferences.
- Waived NCDA annual conference registration fees for two years.
- The opportunity to expand leadership potential and explore leadership opportunities through NCDA and state career development associations.
- Ongoing support and mentorship.
Interested NCDA members need to apply:
All application requirements must be submitted by November 16th. Only complete applications received by the deadline will be considered. Application materials include:
1.Leadership Academy Application - [now closed]
2.Resume - send to Alicia Cheek at email@example.com
3.Two letters of recommendation - send to Alicia Cheek at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, contact:
Chair, Leadership Academy Development Committee
Leadership Academy Classes & Projects
Click on a year below to view the list of participants in a class and read about the projects.
Class of 2019
Class of 2018
Class of 2017
Class of 2016
Class of 2015
Class of 2014
Class of 2013
Class of 2012
Class of 2011
Class of 2010
Class of 2009
Class of 2008
Class of 2007